Skip to main content

Various drawings.

.


While I was in the Philippines I visited the cemetery with two of the girls I was staying with. They first showed me a grave, similar to some of the larger tomb-like graves found in the UK, shared between three family members.

The second place was a large cuboid of cement, stepped down the sides, with many holes in each step. This was there for anyone who's loved one didn't have a grave to place a candle to pay their respects.

And finally I was taken to rows of what looked like shelves. Each shelf had a plaque, or sometimes just writing engraved into the back, denoting the deceased.


Pinitensya is a filipino tradition during holy week. Men, repentant for their sins, will put on a hood (many of the ones I saw were red, some had a turin shroud design on white) and walk the streets of the Philippines whipping their own back. On the last day of holy week they became more agressive in their whipping to the point where, when taking photos, I had blood flick off've a whip and across my (white) shirt.

.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Roll the titles!

Not really titles, but here is a quick overview of what the "Day" indicators will look like... For those interested, during the movie, in what day it's gotten to. And click the image to see it animated... You may need the newest quicktime, or else here's a link to a youtube video...  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKK_q9NDpHQ

Let me put that into perspective...

. .Click here to see larger image. ---- 3 Megs ---- .