Skip to main content

Updated method of creating a crowd

.
This version actually uses Electric Image, 3D rendering software, because it's the only piece of software which has a particle system I'm accustomed to and understand thoroughly.
So yeah, this is ready now to have different types of people in the crowd, the toilet man is just a placeholder to test it.

I've decided to use this method as, for starters, I prefer the randomness it achieves. The previous version was created in Illustrator using symbols, and it creates them in a more regular, computer-created-looking pattern.

The particles, as well as looking more natural, are also much faster to setup now that I've done the original tweaking. And also allow for easier use of bitmaps for the images, so once I've drawn the people I can simply stick them onto ready-placed particles.
.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Roll the titles!

Not really titles, but here is a quick overview of what the "Day" indicators will look like... For those interested, during the movie, in what day it's gotten to. And click the image to see it animated... You may need the newest quicktime, or else here's a link to a youtube video...  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKK_q9NDpHQ

Let me put that into perspective...

. .Click here to see larger image. ---- 3 Megs ---- .